Tuesday, September 13, 2011

DON'T TELL ME!

Don't tell me that:
I can get a brain eating bacteria from swimming in my local lake...
or that my "dread" is more like psychotic hate.

Don't tell me that unemployment is going up...
European markets are crashing down...
social security is a thing of the past...
or that polar ice caps ain't gonna' last.

Don't tell me about fires in Cali and Texas...
hurricanes in the Gulf of Mexico...
poison in our water
needless world-wide slaughter...
I don't want to know!

Tell me about the pretty things...
families at play or shopping for bling.
New cars in driveways...
prosperity for the lot...
truthful politicians...
legalized damn pot!

The Dalai Lama on roller skates...
nubile young virgins...
a world without hate...
the filthy rich giving money away...
bliss for all, the world is ok!

Hey now! You see?
It's a glorious day,
for you and for me!
Yeah, sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment