Saturday, May 28, 2011

NUMBERS

I still set my alarm clock
make sure the numbers are right
the coffee pot is set at night
more numbers for perfect timing...
before i leave for the gym

the newspaper gets here at 7 a.m.
give or take
after i read it
i leave for the gym
around 8:30

the barbells there have numbers
i do numbered sets
of repetitions with them
i count it all out
every day

the aerobic machines
show me my pace and resistance numbers
calories burned
heart weigh numbers
body weight numbers
numbers of the steps i take
i observe all of them
and process the information in my mind

i observe the milage numbers
on my car odometer
numbers for oil changes
tuneups
furnace filter changes
numbers on my medications
vitamins
calories

dates for doctor appointments
i observe all of the endless calibrations
for computer tasks
finances
and professional aspirations
there are numbers
for everything in my life

the only number i know i can't control
is my death-date, number
this is the most important one
strange, isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. I have to go make a number two! I think a number one also!

    ReplyDelete