Monday, May 30, 2011

A CROSS TO BEAR

there's always a cross to bear
i pick one up and begin my journey
sometimes it lasts a few hundred feet
other times it lasts for miles

my shoulders feel relief when i set it down
then i look around
and i find my next cross
sometimes it is smaller
other times it is larger
but my resolve is still the same

i grunt and drag it with all my might
though my body and mind may rebel
i do not shirk my tasks
though they are never-ending
from birth to the grave...
this is my contribution to the world
and to myself

my paths are challenging
for this life is not paradise
it is a vale of tears
but a job well-done
provides me with some satisfaction
for when i lay my last cross down
there will be some comfort
there will be some dignity
in that last act.

No comments:

Post a Comment