Sunday, July 17, 2011

BEWARE THE SMART SOLDIER

i fight the war inside my head
i've dodged the bullets
i am not dead
i'm quick of reflex
and move god speed
to enemy quarters
where i feed
my bloodlust
is now everywhere
to fight with me
most will not dare
for i am the universal soldier
a mindless thing
i fight for concepts
most everything
my human body
has been offered and bought
by richer men who know naught
of wars and things in the physical sense
with other mens blood
not that of their sons
in board rooms they fight
with money, not guns
so onward they send me
on to my grave
it's moral to them
i'm a "mindless" knave
they buy their way out
they don't pay a tax
in gated communities
they grandly relax
but if i survive
and i'm counting the days
i vow i'll come get them
put an end to their ways...

postscript: "Only 2% of Congress have a son or a daughter
serving in the military"...(USA TODAY, 1-3-2007)

No comments:

Post a Comment