Friday, December 10, 2010

A BAD DAY

I pulled a back muscle lifting weights this morning.
I wore new athletic shoes.
Now I have bleeding toes.
I have huge blisters on the soles of my feet.
I came home.
I shoveled snow.
I ordered some hydrocodone from my doctor's nurse.
The cable guy came to connect my DVR.
I couldn't get closed captioning last night.
Now, I can't get rid of it for my football games.
It obstructs the screen.
I messed with the TV set all afternoon.
I called the cable company.
I waited for an answer.
I'm still in pain.
I called the drug store.
I waited for an answer.
I'm still in pain.
Finally, the cable company calls.
I write down 16, "so-called" easy steps.
They supposedly eradicate closed captioning.
I ask the girl on the phone,
"Aint there a simple button I can press?"
She says, "NO".
Now I feel stupid, plus I'm in pain.
I finally get my hydrocodone.
It's 6 p.m.
I pop a clonazepam along with it.
I turn on my new TV.
I'm finally happy.
It's a narcotic kind of happy.
It's still been a bad day.
I hope I can pump iron tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment