Monday, December 6, 2010

WHERE IS MY BUDDHA?

What is enlightenment?
I tried pleasure.
It made me fat, lazy, and greedy.
I learned suffering from pleasure.
Then I embraced my Buddha.
I began meditating again.
I gave up excess.
I discovered that life is suffering.
Life is change.
Death and sickness is unavoidable.
I want to take my mind to the beauty of the natural world.
Must I die to find wisdom?
Mara, the Lord of Desire, always seems to get in my way.
Desire never leaves me alone.
I must be impassive, but aware.
My reality must be in knowledge of what IS.
I must live in the NOW.
Then, I might attain wisdom.
This is the enlightenment.
Then my mind will find peace.
I will find my Buddha.
I hope for universal awakening.
I will discover Nirvana.
My Nirvana has always existed within me.
My unreality was not accepting the moment.
The NOW is all that is real.
This is true enlightenment.
Enlightenment for me, is fleeting at best.
I must share my joy.
I must be ordinary, not special.
This is my Dharma. (duty)
Buddha is in myself.
Seek the middle path.
It is the balance of life.
This is enlightenment.

2 comments:

  1. You are wise beyond your years.... you ordinary Man! We humans have very short memories! It is good to be reminded of what really counts in this temporary world. I will keep this as a daily mantra because I too have been afflicted by Mara! She has a strong hold and very long arms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are human beings...prone to strange views of reality...we try and try every day...this is the nature of our madness and our beauty...namaste.

    ReplyDelete