Monday, January 16, 2012

STARTING OUT SLOW

The weight lifter over sixty, has to start out slow. You remember the old tale about the tortoise and the hare? The same applies to bodybuilders who want to win the race at a mature age. I came in the gym today, slightly sore, but not aching, so i felt relatively safe to start my routine, but instead of heavy lifts, I went for a ten minute walk on the treadmill to loosen myself up, and get my blood moving. I gingerly walked upstairs to the "house of iron", and picked out an incline bench. I began concentration curls with half the weight I'm used to using, and felt really good with a set of 8 reps. The next set, i slowed the movement down and felt a wonderful burn and increased to 12 reps. Ahhhh! Sometimes it's great to be a turtle! I went to incline curls, standing hammer curls, and by God, I was pumped up more, than when I used the heavy weight, and my shoulders and wrists were not paining me.

The rest of my routine was done with the normal weight I use...Some lifts I actually increased weight, where I felt comfortable. I am continuing to take my Muscle-wiz reactive repair after my workouts. I also take a Met-Rx bar and a couple of Muscle-wiz amino isolates after a my routine. This feeds my hungry muscles and allows for a nice anabolic effect. I continue to eat 6 times a day, and take 2 branched amino capsules, 6 times a day after meals. At night, I use muscle-wiz fat burner...a non-thermogenic formula which is derived from green tea and magic herbs!...youza!...I try to get at least 8 hours of sleep at night, and drink as much water as I can during the day. I also use GNC wheybolic 60 and glutamine prior to my morning workouts in fat free milk...I use it again in the afternoon.

I see a significant gain in muscle size and strength in the last couple of weeks, since I have started this regimen. My body weight has increased from 175 to 178. I notice a little more thickness in my core, but I am not too worried about it. I will lose water and fat, when I start the leaning out process and 2-a-day workouts this summer. Right now in my program it is important for me to gain size and strength to lift heavier weights and build more muscle mass. My body fat was at 18.0 today, which was disappointing, but I have time to get it under 10.0.

Body building is totally holistic...It invovles, mind, will, persitence, patience, dutiful practice and luck. For me, it is the most interesting game in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment