Monday, January 2, 2012

THIS YEARS GOAL

This year, my blog will be specifically devoted to health, nutrition and the world of body building. My journey has been a long and difficult one, since I retired due to health reasons over six years ago. I have experienced the pain of double aneurism surgery, emphysema, and vocal cord cancer, yet I have come to the point in my training where I am ready to compete in a master's body building competition. I had to quit the booze, drugs, smokes and start eating clean food to get to my proper weight. In the month of May, I was a lean 170 lbs., and began pumping iron. I now weigh 178 and have put on eight pounds of muscle. I quit doing aerobics, in favor of cycle training with weights. I am amazed how much good food I can eat, without getting fat. Everything I have to do now is a science. I have to consider proper supplements, training techniques, proper sleep and nutrition. I am happy to have some good people around me, to help me in my quest for excellence. Day by day, I will write about my experiences at the gym and at the dinner table. I also will write about the difficulties that outside forces such as family and peer pressure put on the body builder. I wish you all a happy, healthy New Year! Thank you so much for reading my stories!

sincerely, Rich Cronborg

No comments:

Post a Comment