Friday, October 15, 2010

PHOTOSHOOTS

My first model was a young girl who loved my artwork.
She saw my paintings at the Northside Cafe, in Wicker Park.
This is an art-oriented neighborhood on the North Side of Chicago.
When I got to her apartment, I was more nervous than she.
My photographic equipment was less than adequate.
I had no idea how to do a photoshoot.
The end results were terrible, but she was pleased.
At least I didn't lose a friendship, over the whole fiasco.
My next shoot was with a lovely professional model.
She was camera savy and had posed for photographers from all over the world.
By this time I finally had some superior cameras and equipment.
I owned a spectacular Nikon EM, circa 1979.
I also had a cheap little Hewlitt Packard digital which took amazing pictures.
I was shocked by the integrity of my new shots. They were good.
I snapped both color and black-and-white.
My black-and-whites were, and always have been the most beautiful.
I advanced to using Sony digital equipment, with great Carl Zeiss lenses.
Now, many of my models were top-notch girls, who knew the business.
They were all beautiful women, who were camera friendly.
I owe it to them, that I looked like a professional.
I met many models in the twenty-years of art and fashion-photography.
All of my girls, remain good friends.
I am glad that I keep learning about photography.
The computer, photoshop, and digital manipulation methods allow me to produce some wonderful work. I love the female mystique. I always treat my models with the utmost respect. I maintain a professional relationship with them. I am good at getting them to open up, and show me the rainbow of their emotions. I talk to them, pose them, and make them laugh. I think the best work I do, is when I am at ease and confident. I never take a commission, if I don't fall in love with the essence of an individual. Beautiful women love to pose. In my heart, they are the true artists, not the photographer. I merely try to record these marvelous events, with my artist's eye. I still feel like a kid when I photograph my lovely ladies. Photography is more joy than work. It always has been this way for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment