Friday, March 5, 2010

WILD ANGELS

I'll never forget seeing this movie! I was with a nice Catholic girl, named Mary-Jo. She went to Maria High School. She was a Sophomore. I was a Junior, at St. Rita. These were segregated high schools for girls, and boys, respectively. It was a good way for the Catholic Clergy to keep the good boys and girls, separated, moral, upstanding, and academically oriented...or so they thought! The year was 1966. We were at the Double Drive-In movie theatre, on Southwest Highway, near 77th St., on the Southwest side of Chicago.

The Wild Angels featured Peter Fonda and Nancy Sinatra. The movie was about wild bikers from San Bernadino, California. It was a rockin' movie to see in those days! It featured gang fights, sex, booze, marijuana, murder, a biker funeral and all kinds of altercations with "the man". By today's standard it is pretty lame, definitely laughable. But it is camp! The dialogue has me in in pain, but I think in spite of the bad script and acting, the movie is still pretty damned cool!

Me and Mary-Jo had a twelve-pack of Budweiser in cans, and our cigarettes. She had ratted hair, a tight skirt, black nylons and heels, and a blouse that showed a set of ample breasts a teenaged boy would die for! I went through the various stages boys have to go through to get at them! First I popped open a beer with my "church key"...(a can opener). I needed to loosen her up, and as they say, "candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker". We didn't have pop-tops back then in aluminum cans, but we didn't mind. The ritual was more manly, I think!...ha! I yawned, raising my arms, and placed my right arm around her shoulders. Then I softly started kissing her neck and ear. I then started stroking her knees and thighs. I could hear her breathing heavy and getting hot! Finally, the french kissing began, and VOILA!!!...I started "feeling her up!" Oh! It was wonderful!

Wild bikers, violence, sex, cigarettes, and making out in my 62' Ford Galaxie was heaven. You can catch the Wild Angels movie if you have Comcast, "On Demand". Check it out! I really got a kick out of it tonight! I feel sorry for teenagers today. The Drive-In movie theatres are all but non-existent. We always went there or to Marquette Park to "make-out", or "cop-a-feel".

I wanted Debbie, my wife, to sit next to me in the love seat in our den, to check out this movie. She rolled her eyes at me and said: "You are really juvenile!" I guess she didn't want to make out with me. Maybe she was afraid I'd try to "cop-a-feel"!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you are too funny!! Loved it! Nothing beats the drive in movie theater & living on the wild side!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i miss the drive-in...a great place for erotic love...for sure!

    ReplyDelete